Here's an adorable penguin cake with an igloo as the main feature. It's a great winter theme cake or a kids birthday cake.
To make the penguin cake, you will need:
- 2 - 10" layer cakes
- 2 - 6" layer cakes
- 1 - 6" baked in a bowl
- 1 recipe meringue buttercream icing
- 1 lb. fondant
- 25 peach, black and white gummy penguins
- 12 gummy whales
- 1 package of white chicklets and any other sea creature gummies you would like to place on the cake.
|1. Place first ten inch layer cake on the ocean. Cut a bite out of one six inch layer so that it butts up close to the ten inch layer. Give this layer a crumb coat of icing.|
2. Place second ten inch layer on top of first ten inch layer and crumb coat.
|6. Cover the other half of the cake with white fondant. Know where you want to place the igloo before placing the fondant on the cake. The igloo will sit on the white only fondant.|
|7. Turn the six inch bowl cake upside down so it looks like an igloo. Crumb coat. Use half a donut or part of the cut six inch layer to form the entrance of the igloo. Crumb coat with it with
8. Cover igloo with white fondant. Mark snow blocks staggering the blocks so that it looks like brick work. Cover the entrance with fondant and mark it with snow blocks also. Place
9. Place the igloo on top of the white fondant on the ten inch layer. Put the entrance in place and snug it up close to the igloo.
Note: We added the 'Titanic' and the iceberg. We also added some candy flotsam and jetsam.
The cake was a big hit with the children.
Penguin Cake decorated by Virginia
More Articles Like This