Cream Cheese Frosting
This cream cheese frosting is a delicious complement to cheesecakes, carrot cake, spice cake, and red velvet cake.
Use this icing to frost the cake and do piping.
I would not recommend using it to create detailed decorations or decorations with require a firmer icing.
- Place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat on low speed until combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar.
- Scrape down beater and bowl.
- Add milk slowly while beating.
- Continue beating on medium speed until icing is smooth.
You can make a delicious variation of this recipe by adding 4 oz. high quality, melted white chocolate to the cream cream. I have made a cake with a brownie layer on the bottom, baked with cheesecake on top and the top layer a chocolate cake, then filled and frosted the cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing. Dreamy!
More Recipes Like This