Mocha Ice Cream Cake
|Source||hazel diane hunt, Foley, Al|
Coffee ice cream, a chocolate-cookie crust and chocolate-covered coffee beans add up to a terrific party dessert. Begin making the cake one day before serving.
26chocolate wafer cookies ((about 6 oz., broken into pieces))
3 Tmelted unsalted butter
2 qcoffee ice cream, softened
1⁄3 cchocolate covered coffee beans
2 1⁄4 cchilled whipping cream
1⁄2 tVanilla Extract
1 1⁄8 cconfectioners sugar
9 Tcocoa powder
- Blend cookies in processor until finely ground.
- Add melted butter; process until crumbs are moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Place ice cream in large bowl.
- Finely chop coffee beans in processor. Add to bowl with ice cream; stir until well blended.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to crust-lined pan. Smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Combine whipping cream and vanilla in another large bowl.
- Sift powdered sugar and cocoa over.
- Using electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form.
- Spread mixture over top of cake.
- Freeze until cream is set, at least 1 hour. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep frozen.)
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings over top of cake.
- Run knife between pan sides and cake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Using small metal spatula or knife, smooth cake sides.
- Let cake stand at cool room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
More Recipes Like This