Moist Raspberry Cupcakes
While there are several different components to put this raspberry cupcake together, the good news is the cupcake itself is easy because it's made from doctored cake mix.
The precise recipe will vary based on the type of cake mix you use. What I did was place my raspberry puree' in the liquid measuring cup first and then fill the measuring cup up to the level of water called for in the recipe. Keep in mind that when you strain the seeds out of your puree', you might not end up with 1/2 cup of puree' as I did.
- Allow raspberries to thaw in a strainer over a bowl.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place raspberries in a food processor and process a few seconds until smooth.
- Strain raspberries into a bowl through a strainer, pressing the pulp with a spoon to get as much through as possible.
- Pour the raspberry puree' into a liquid measuring cup.
- Fill the liquid measuring cup up with water to 1-1/3 cups (or amount called for in your cake mix recipe).
- Place the cake mix, water and raspberry mixture, eggs and oil into the mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake raspberry cupcakes for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Use the ingredients and measurements called for on the cake mix box you prefer. The amount of water called for in the recipe to be reduce by the amount of raspberry puree' used. This recipe is used to make these raspberry cupcakes with whipped ganache.
More Recipes Like This