White Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe
1 hour, 25 minutes
The white chocolate in this orange cake recipe is a delicious enhancement to the orange flavor. The cake's texture is similar to coffee cake, making it more suitable to serve with a glaze than to make as a layer cake with frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, orange juice, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the flour mixture and combine until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add the white chocolate to the batter.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan.Bake in the center of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- When cool, drizzle orange glaze over the top, if desired.
3/4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/2. c. orange juice
Stir confectioner's sugar and orange juice together until the mixture is lump-free.
Pour on top of cake.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Double the recipe for orange cake.
Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Fill each liner up 2/3 way with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes.
When cool, frost with orange icing, if desired.
More Recipes Like This