Yellow Cake Recipe II
This yellow cake recipe is a very light, golden layer cake with a delicate texture. Makes two 9" layers.
2 cgranulated sugar
2 tVanilla Extract
2 1⁄2 call purpose flour
3 tBaking Powder
1 1⁄2 cMilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9" cake pans,then line with parchment paper, grease again and flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, beating in between additions.
- Scrape batter into the pans and bake in the center of the oven for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cakes.
- Cool cakes for 10 minutes in pans before inverting onto a wire cake rack.
Serving suggestion: This cake tastes delicious with vanilla custard filling and topped with chocolate glaze.
More Recipes Like This