Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
This truly is the best chocolate cake recipe I have ever come across. So many recipes claim to render a moist chocolate cake...then the end results are disappointingly dry. Even though there are a few extra steps involved, the rave reviews will make it worth your effort.
The first four ingredients listed make the chocolate custard that is incorporated into the recipe.
First prepare the chocolate custard:
In the top of a double boiler,place the chocolate,milk,sugar, and egg yolk and heat over simmering water until the mixture has thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature before you start.
- Sift the cake flour. Resift with the baking soda and salt into a small bowl.Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until softened. Gradually add the sugar. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating in between additions.
- In another bowl, combine the water, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the mixing bowl, beginning with one-third of the flour at a time. End with the flour mixture.
- Add the chocolate custard to the chocolate cake recipe and beat until combined.
- Beat the 2 egg white in another bowl until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the 9" pans. Bake in the center of the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Cool the cakes in their pans for 10 minutes before inverting on to a cake rack.
More Recipes Like This