Fudge Cake Icing 1
This is a rich, sweet, dense fudge icing that is suitable for denser cakes that can support it. Great on chocolate cake.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Place the heavy cream into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove it from the heat.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir the mixture until all the chocolate is melted and completely mixed in. Allow the cream and chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, place the bowl on the electric mixer and beat until light. In a separate bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture, one third at a time, and mix until smooth.
Any flavor is suitable for cupcake icing, but this recipe is tops for chocolate cupcakes. Wait until the cupcakes are cool, otherwise the icing will run down the sides of the cupcake papers. Use the back of a tablespoon to apply the icing in a circular motion. Or, try piping the icing in a circular motion with a star tip.
If applying sprinkles or other decorations, do so before the icing sets (within 10 minutes) or the decorations won't stick.
More Recipes Like This