Potato Chocolatey Frosting
|Source||Ruth Ealy, Plain City, OH|
This highly unusual frosting uses instant mashed potatoes as its base.
1⁄2 cinstant mashed potatoes
1 cboiling water
3 Tunsalted butter
5 cconfectioners sugar
- Pour instant mashed potatoes in stand mixer bowl.
- Add boiling water and stir to blend.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Spoon in Nutella and mix on low speed until smooth (using whisk attachment).
- Slowly add confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time, stopping mixer after each addition to prevent sugar flying up at you.
- After adding the fifth cup of sugar, increase speed to medium and keep mixing until smooth and well blended.
- Allow to cool and chill in refrigerator until frosting consistency.
This frosting is thin at first but it will get thicker as it sets and cools.
Goes well with a banana cake.
More Recipes Like This